ESF’s Aquatics Program
Red Cross Swim Instruction & Aquatics Program
Boys & Girls, Rising PreSchool-10th Grades
“The swimming program was amazing! My son learned so much!” – Rebecca B.
Swimming is one of the most exciting parts of the camp day. Under the guidance and watchful eye of our American Red Cross certified lifeguards and instructors, campers develop life skills too valuable to measure while learning how to swim confidently in a safe and fun environment. We maintain a low staff to camper ratio.
We develop swimmers utilizing the latest teaching techniques and coaching methods. Beginning with water safety skills and basic fundamentals, we then move on to progressive stroke development and refinement of techniques. Our well-established program is designed to be compatible with the unique and ever-changing abilities and skill levels of each camper.
Learn more about ESF’s swim instruction by camp and additional programs below:
Rising Preschool–2nd Grades: With daily instructional swimming, campers receive an initial skill assessment and then progress at their own pace. Progress reports are sent home weekly.
- Rising 1st Grade: Instructional Swim is offered daily. Campers receive an initial skill assessment and then progress at their own pace. Progress reports are sent home weekly.
- Rising 2nd & 3rd Grades: Instructional Swim is offered daily as part of our Choice Period. If campers choose to participate in swimming, they receive swimming instruction, including an initial skill assessment. Progress reports are provided upon request.
- Rising 4th–9th Grades: Recreational Swimming is offered daily as part of our Choice Period. If campers choose to participate, they receive an initial deep water safety test. Optional swimming instruction is also offered 2 days per week at no extra charge. Progress reports are provided upon request.
Rising 3rd & 4th Grades
- Instructional swim is offered 4 days per week.
- Campers receive an initial skill assessment and then progress at their own pace.
- Progress reports are sent home weekly.
- Recreational swimming is offered 1 day per week on Friday.
Rising 5th–9th Grades
- Recreational swimming is offered daily. If campers choose to participate, they receive an initial deep water safety test to assess their skill level.
- Optional swimming instruction is also offered 2 days per week, before camp at no extra charge. Progress reports offered upon request.
Rising 1st–10th Grades: Recreational swimming is available each afternoon for Tennis Campers. Optional swimming instruction is also available during that time by request only, at no extra charge. To schedule swim instruction for your camper, please call the ESF Camp Office, 610-642-0246 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 12 noon of that day.
SPECIALTY MAJOR AND TECHNOLOGY CAMPS
Rising 2nd–8th Grades: Optional swimming instruction is offered 2 days per week, before camp at no extra charge. Progress reports are provided upon request.
Rising 2nd–9th Grades
Swim Team is offered from June 30–August 6, 2020. Each camper’s skill level is tested prior to participation in Swim Team. Campers must be enrolled in camp and entering ESF Skill Level 3 in order to participate. Camper participation is subject to the approval of the Aquatics Director and is based on skill level and safety in deep water. Practice Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 2:45pm-3:45pm. Spaces are limited
PRIVATE SWIM INSTRUCTION
ESF also offers private swim instruction to campers who are interested in devoting more time to enhancing their skills. Available under the guidance and direction of our Red Cross certified Instructors and Lifeguards. Lessons are designed to be compatible with individual camper needs and skill levels. To enroll, please indicate your preferred days/times using our online Supplemental Form or call the camp office when camp is open. Once camp is in session, we set up a schedule based on your preferred dates and instructor availability. Instructors may change daily.
• Certified Aquatics Staff
• Seasoned Aquatics Director
• Individualized Instruction
• Skill Level Progression
• Safety Testing
• Awards & Progress Reports